Musculoskeletal Sickness Absence & Case Management
All of our case managers are Chartered Physiotherapists with specialist competencies in occupational health and sickness absence management.
Our case managers aim to prevent an episode of sickness absence where possible or facilitate a timely return to work for an employee following an episode of absence from work. This can be achieved through regular reviews (onsite or remotely), making or advising of relevant onward referrals, co-ordinating intervention, closely monitoring progress and communicating between all relevant parties (e.g. healthcare professionals, Human Resources Advisors, the employees GP and their line manager).
There is good evidence to support the use of case managers for the cost effective management of sickness absence.
Fitness for Work & Individual Capability Assessments
Do you have an employee who due to a musculoskeletal concern has:
- Been absent from the workplace for a long period of time?
- Returned to work but is not coping with their contracted hours or role?
- Been on restricted duties for a prolonged period of time?
- Been on restricted hours for a prolonged period of time?
- Reported an issue with their ability to perform their role?
- Not achieved an agreed phased return to work plan in an acceptable or the agreed timeframe?
If so, conclusions from fitness for work or individual capability assessment may be able to help your business understand the employees’ current and foreseeable fitness for their role.
It may also be necessary to perform a job demand analysis or look at the physical requirements of the job role.